Tēnā koutou katoa,
Yes, the winter weather is upon us, so please ensure your children have all they need to get to and from school warm and dry. We can help with this if you need us to.
Today we share some exciting news. First, we congratulate Mrs Bennett on the birth of baby Matthew. Secondly we are excited to tell you that Mrs Paula Hirini-Watson (Team Leader of Kohuri and teacher in Room 13), is expecting her first child in October. It means that Paula will go on leave from the start of Term 4. We are currently looking for the best person to fill her role until the end of 2021. We are excited for Paula and her husband Casey, and look forward to their new arrival.
Also today, we have 4 very excited students away with Mrs Sadlier at the World Vision Leadership Conference in Lower Hutt. It is wonderful to be able to provide such opportunities and I look forward to hearing back from them tomorrow.
Over the last week I have been on Road Patrol a few times and I worry for our children. Why? Well, actually it is the lack of consideration for others by some of our drivers, and I have seen some near misses.
With the wet weather upon us, visibility is lower and traffic is higher. Please, to help with the safety of your child and all the children at Levin East, DO NOT PARK ON THE YELLOW LINES (even for a minute), DO NOT DO U TURNS BETWEEN THE CROSSINGS and DO NOT DOUBLE PARK. Please DO USE THE CROSSINGS. I appreciate that you want your child to get into school as quickly as they can, but that sometimes means you are putting others at risk. Not a moan, but a voice who worries for the safety of our tamariki on the roads.
Ngā mihi mahana
(Tumuaki / Principal)
- We have 40 students attending the Tough Guy/Gal Challenge in Palmerston North on Monday 31 May.
- Our Showquest team hit the stage on Wednesday 16th June, with planning and rehearsals well underway. A big night for them!
- 3-Way Conferences. The teacher-student-parent conferences will be held over 3 nights on 22nd, 23rd and 24th June. School will close at 2pm on the 22nd and 23rd June to allow enough time for all families to book a time to meet with the teachers. If required, we will arrange some childcare for the days we close at 2pm.
- Our Senior Swimming Sports are planned for Wednesday 2nd June – keep an eye out on the Hero Community Feed and the weekly newsletter for updates.
- We have a Teacher Only Day on Friday 4th June. School will be closed on this day.